POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : tga2df3.exe? : Re: tga2df3.exe? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tga2df3.exe?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Jun 2004 11:50:01
Message: <c9q5h6$ino$1@chho.imagico.de>
Ross wrote:

> I know that the linux version has some faults to it. it has atleast one
> potential buffer overflow bug, and segfaults in several usages that i'd
> consider typical. i think the windows/dos version has the same problems. i'm
> probably 97% done with a new tga2df3 that improves performance dramatically
> in my testing, taking less than half as long.

Before you invest too much work into that note that there is a POV-Ray
patch available that among other things allows to sample and write a
POV-Ray pattern to a df3 file directly, without needing to render a
stack of tgas:

http://staff.aist.go.jp/r-suzuki/e/povray/iso/df_body.htm

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______